~ South England ~
So a quick story here, I was actually born in England and my parents immigrated to Australia when I was 6 years old, we’ve been back and forth loads of times to visit family etc but at the age of 22 I started living back here with my British boyfriend, James.
London – There’s endless things to do and see in London, obviously the touristy things to do are, London Bridge, Big Ben, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London as the list goes on. These are all a must go and see, they’re really beautiful pieces of London and they need to be appreciated.
Kensington, Piccadilly Circus, Covent Garden and knightsbridge are probably the best parts of London to be in, the restaurants are divine and the shopping is fantastic (especially make sure you get to harrods). Oxford street is probably the main place to go shopping, it’s huge and has so many shops, its always really busy though so make sure you’re prepared to be bashed into a few hundred times (ps it has the biggest topshop ever so maybe being bashed into isn’t so bad after all). Shoreditch is a really cool and funky place to go too, lots of vintage shops just waiting to sell you their denim and real cute cafes and restaurants that people will travel to go to!
Soho is the best place for bars and restaurants, a little expensive because of the location but so worth it! Also the Camden markets, they are on everyday but the biggest day is Sunday, they have everything you could ever think of and it goes for ages, once you step out of the tube station you have basically started the markets. Get up to Camden lock and wiggle your way around the alleys just thriving with stalls and food, the food here is so damn delicious its all out of vans mostly!
Restaurants, bars and cafes –
- Sketch – London
- ME Radio rooftop bar – Covent Garden
- Aubaine – Kensington high street
- Hare & Tortoise – Kensington
- The shard – London
- Elan Cafe – Knightsbridge
- Peggy Porschen – London
- Dominique Ansell Bakery – London
- Grind – Clerkwell
- The OX Tower – London
- Fernandez & Wells – Somerset House London
- House of Flavours – Reading
- The Botanist – Marlow
- Giggling Squid – Henley
- The coconut bar&kitchen – Reading
- The coppa Club – London (on the river)
- Madison Roof top bar – London
Winter in London –
- Winter wonderland – Hyde Park
- Ice skating – Somerset House
- Hamleys Windows – London
- Southbank Market Stalls – Southbank London
- Christmas light looking – All of London
- Ice skating – Natural History Museum London
A few other places in south England I will chuck in there –
- Henley on Thames
- Goring on Thames and Pangbourne (if you like the country side)
- Bath – I have only been here for a day but its super old and historical, it is really beautiful as its right by the water. We had lunch at an underground greek restaurant which was delicious and such a surprise as we just stumbled across it.